standing up for once

First off, this blog post isn't about standing up physically.... I know most of you probably think I'm too lazy to get up. And all I have to say about that is.... you're right. But that isn't the point.

I am finally beginning to stand up for myself. I have learned that you cannot let others walk all over you. 

It hurts the most when you realize that someone in your life is completely toxic. In that case, all you can really do is cut them off from being in your life. That means cutting off communication, cutting off "hangouts", and forgetting all the good memories you may have made with them. It is an incredibly hard process to go through, but trust me it's for the better.

So... I know you're probably thinking, "What's the backstory?". Well, what's going on with me is that I became so emotionally invested in a guy only to get "f'ed" over in the end. We hung out all the time and things looked like they were going so well for us. He told me he was catching feelings and honestly I was too. He and I had both just gotten out of long term relationships, so we established that we weren't going to have a label until we were 100% ready. Little did I know.... his ex was still involved in his life (SHOCKER). But me, being the understanding person that I am, blew it off as if they were just friendly with each other. Boy, was I wrong.

 ~You see, that's another problem that I have. I always see the best in people when they've given me every reason not to see it. I gotta stop being so naive.~

Back to the story... We were "together" for about two months and up until this past weekend he broke things off with me. Why, do you ask? Because he decided to have his ex stay up here for the weekend. 

I WAS HEARTBROKEN HAVING TO SEE THEM ALL OVER EACH OTHER AND HIM PRETENDING LIKE I DIDN'T EXIST!!!

Eventually, I realized that I am worth so much more with the help of my best friends and, of course,  my momma. 

Boys are such a distraction in college. I beg everyone to learn from my experience because I don't want anyone to go through what I've gone through. 

Us, as girls, need to stand up for ourselves. We want what we want, we speak what comes to mind, and we will cry if we have to!!! DO NOT APOLOGIZE FOR FEELING! Be you! If someone has an issue with you, cut them off! I promise you, not having that negativity in your life will be so much of a relief.

I love you all and I believe that all of you are worth more than a stupid guy who doesn't know what he wants. Keep your head up and appreciate yourself a little more. There is someone out there who loves every bit of you... in that case, mine is my momma, and that is completely okay!

“She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.” ~Proverbs 31:26

Comments

Popular Posts