coming to terms

College is a crazy time. It is a time where we really come to know who we are as people. We meet new people, try new things, and start our lives as adults.

With the temptations that college brings, we find ourselves in tough situations. The devil constantly temps us to ruin our lives and throw away God's love. Temptations of alcohol, drugs, boys... How can we live knowing that we have sinned such terrible sins? At this point, we must come to terms with these sins we have committed and learn from them, preventing a reoccurring cycle.

I cannot imagine a life without Jesus. We are nothing without Him. He is our identity and we live through him. No matter our hardships, we will always have faith in him to guide us to a greater good.

We have such an amazing God. He loves us with everything he has. This is the same God who has created the mountains and has calmed the ocean. He is above us.


Since I've come to Eastern, I have come in close contact with my faith. I have met the best group of friends who have drawn me closer to His name and have helped me love myself. I have learned that I was created to do so much more. I am so grateful to be able to live through him and become a greater person as a result. I surrender myself to him.

The hard times we face are meant to make us stronger. The temptations we choose to pursue ultimately shape us into better people. Mistakes happen but, as long as we learn from them, God will always forgive us and love us unconditionally.

“This is my comfort and consolation in my affliction: that Your word has revived me and given me life.” ~Psalm 119:50



Comments

Popular Posts