me & self awareness

This post is dedicated to the issues that no one really has the guts to talk about... Mental health.

Sometimes we need to be real with ourselves, and on the internet sometimes that's really difficult. We try and look like the most perfect human beings... but in reality, we aren't. The filters, the perfect post, perfect positioning... That's not who we really are. I would rather have a few people love the real me than millions love me for someone I am not. Which can be hard for a modern day teen to realize, especially along the lines of self consciousness.

Us, as females, need to understand that we cannot keep apologizing for the way we feel. Lately I've felt that I've needed to say I'm sorry for blowing up on people who have pissed me off or even apologizing for being distant. NEWSFLASH!!! It is completely okay for you to be selfish sometimes!!! Take some time to be by yourself! If someone has a problem with that, then tell them to frick off!

I believe that it's 100% okay to feel lonely, sad, pissed off with life, etc. Odds are that you're not the only one that's going through this. I've felt this way before, and I know it isn't fun to go through alone.


I'm not super religious, but sometimes I think we all need a little Jesus in our lives. For me, he's always been there to guide me in the right direction. Through all of the hard times, he's been there and I highly recommend those to open their hearts to him. He will always be there to listen, without judgement, when no one else is there.

There are multiple ways to get over your little emo "slump"... There are people to talk to, you have great friends by your side, and you have you whole life ahead of you to look forward to! Plus, you always have the opportunity to PRAY! You may think you're alone, but trust me you aren't. I believe you can get through this.

Just remember to stay true to yourself. If you feel like someone is making you feel a negative type-of-way, you should probably reevaluate if you should keep them in your life. I promise you right now that negative people will always be negative, they have nothing in their life other than to bring you down.

Remember that YOU are worth everything.

XOXO,

Kate

Comments

Popular Posts